American Leisure Products, Inc.
Your privacy is critically important to us. At American Leisure Products, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the offering of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is collected on our Website, and how it is shared or deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who we are
We are American Leisure Products, Inc. Our DBA’s are American Camper Shells “ACS”, American Camper Works “ACW”, and American Van Works “AVW”. Our website operates under the following domains:
What personal data we collect
At this time, American Leisure Products does not collect personally identifiable information about the visitors to our Website unless they choose to contact us through one of our forms or have accessed our Website via a targeted e-mail marketing campaign. Under such circumstances, the information American Leisure Products collects may include: first name, last name, city, state, address, ZIP code, phone, email address and other information specific to the service requested or provided.
We may utilize contact forms on our Website. The information you provide through these forms is used to generate an email to our internal sales team. We do not store this information on our web servers but this information is stored on our email servers. Information provided to us via the Portal is separately stored and not hosted on our Website.
By registering or signing up for American Leisure Products newsletter, or by requesting information via our contact forms, you are consenting to receive certain email communications from us, including newsletters, special offers, and customer surveys. American Leisure Products provides users the ability to opt-out of receiving such email communications. If you wish to cease future communications, you can opt-out by using the link on the bottom of an email that you receive.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically via our Website:
- Log Information: Like most Websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our site from certain geographic regions.
Currently, American Leisure Products does not utilize “first party cookies”, but may do so in the future. We do, however, work with a third party vendor, and therefore we use “third party cookies”, to provide us with certain information to, among other things:
- Distinguish unique users;
- Analyze the success of e-mail marketing campaigns;
- Remember the number and time of previous visits;
- Remember traffic source information; and
- Determine the start and end of a session
If you choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of the Site.
Additionally, American Leisure Products and/or advertising affiliates may employ “tracking pixels” (also referred to as “web beacons”) to count the number of users that visit a page on our Site that includes these tracking pixels. Tracking pixels are used to analyze the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and to better understand the way that users interact with our Site. These tracking pixels do not identify individual users and analysis of data obtained by these tracking pixels is performed on an aggregate basis. Some, but not all, third-party advertising affiliates provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology.
American Leisure Products may use third-party advertising companies, such as Google, to serve or track ads on our web site and other web sites. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to this and other web sites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Why we collect certain personal Information
We use the information mentioned above for the purposes listed below:
- To further develop and improve our Website;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our content, which helps us improve our content;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Website, protect the security of our Website, fight spam, and to protect our rights and property;
- To provide services to you;
- To send marketing communications related to the services we provide; and
- To communicate with you from time to time in response to your requests for information or as may be relevant to your account with us.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If you give us credit card information, we use it solely to check your financial qualifications and collect payment from you. We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
Personal data that we collect and/or process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes, or as is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Where we process personal data about you in conjunction with the supply of our products or services (e.g. contact data for technical or billing purposes), we retain that personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions our clients have requested, or for other purposes such as complying with our legal or regulatory requirements, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include whether your personal data is still needed to provide, maintain or improve the performance of our products and services, you requested that your personal data be deleted, we have determined a specific retention period for certain types of data, you have provided your consent (where applicable), and have not withdrawn your consent.
Further, if you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our products or services. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
We do not share or sell our visitors’ private personal information except as follows:
- when we believe disclosure is reasonably required to comply with any law, regulation, court order, subpoena or search warrant, or in the course of a legal proceeding or legal request;
- to enforce our legal and contractual rights;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of American Leisure Products, our customers and others, including exchanging information for fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to our vendors who help us provide any part of the site, to the limited extent required for such help, and on condition that they may not further disclose your data or use it for any other purpose; or
- as part of any sale of our assets or a merger of our company.
Our Website is served over an encrypted connection, and our Website and e-mail servers are hosted in the United States. While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Website for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (which is sometimes referred to as the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit, or cease, our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
While we have summarized the rights that you may have under data protection law, some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in this summary. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities in your jurisdiction for a full explanation of your rights.
How to Reach Us
That’s it! Thanks for reading.